The government is urging small and medium enterprises (SME) to export food and beverage products that have gained popularity in overseas markets amid the slowdown in global trade due to the COVID-19 crisis.Victoria Simulangkit, the deputy of production and marketing at the Cooperatives and SME Ministry, said on Monday that products like carica (mountain papaya), tempeh chips, crabs and palm sugar appeared to catch buyers’ interest abroad.Producers of the products, most of which are based outside of Jakarta, have managed to penetrate foreign markets, such as Malaysia, Thailand, Japan and China, according to Victoria. “Food and beverages is one of the sectors that see high demand both at home and abroad, because people need nutritional intake to maintain their immunity and thus stay healthy,” Victoria said in a virtual discussion on Monday.“SMEs’ products can become more than just raw materials for industries. SMEs can make products that catch market interest,” she added.Indonesia’s exports fell by 8.36 percent annually to US$13.07 billion in August, as the pandemic upended global demand, according to Statistics Indonesia (BPS) data.The World Trade Organization (WTO) projects that the global trade volume will contract by anywhere between 13 percent and 32 percent this year.Meanwhile, despite accounting for roughly 60 percent of Indonesia’s economy, small businesses’ contribution to national exports is only around 14 percent, according to the ministry.To boost their exports, Indonesian small businesses should monitor recent trends among consumers in export destination countries, said Victoria.“We encourage SMEs to [learn] to read the food trends in the destination countries, like organic food. This provides an opportunity for Indonesian SMEs,” she said, adding that vegetarian and healthy instant food were also trending lately.Adhi Lukman, the chairman of Indonesian Food and Beverage Producers Association (Gapmmi), said small businesses still faced challenges in managing sanitation and food safety and were finding it difficult to adapt to customers’ needs during the pandemic.Some SMEs may not have the necessary facilities like equipment, tools and clean water resources, and may lack knowledge on the proper implementation of health protocol and social distancing, said Adhi.Read also: Concerns raised over safety, quality of food sold onlineFurthermore, to export their products, small businesses also needed assistance in the form of market intelligence related to regulations in the destination countries and information on trade exhibitions and competitors’ activities, Adhi added.“Many of our SMEs still lack knowledge, either on regulations, products or standards. Hence, sometimes their compliance with the regulation in the destination country is still far from what the destination country demands,” said Adhi.Indonesia’s overall exports of semi-processed and processed food reached $4.33 billion in the January–July period, marking an annual increase of 5.6 percent, according to Adhi, quoting data from BPS and the Trade Ministry.Topics :
The Wisconsin wrestling team opens its season Friday at the Hall of Fame Duals in Green Bay, and with nine returning starters, there are high hopes for the season.“A lot of good things are happening right now with the team,” head coach Barry Davis said. “We as coaches right now are pretty pleased with what’s going on.”The Badgers will square off against the University of Dubuque, Tri-State University and UW-Oshkosh. Last year the cardinal and white opened their season against both Dubuque and Oshkosh, bringing home a pair of victories.After last week’s wrestle-offs at the Field House, the nine returning starters secured their spots. The lone question was who would take over All-American Tyler Turner’s spot in the 149-pound division, and true freshman Kendall Vogel outlasted fellow newcomer Weldon Rogers to earn the spot.“[Kendall’s] just a freshman,” Davis said. “I got to watch him wrestle last year at the state tournament. He’s shown some steady improvements since he’s been here. We’ll see how he reacts with some competition.”The Badgers return 19 letter winners from last year, headlined by Craig Henning, the preseason favorite of two polls at 157 pounds. Henning was the national runner-up last season at the same weight class, but knows the poll doesn’t mean much once the season starts.“We don’t really care too much about the preseason hype,” Henning said. “March is when it really matters, so we’re just preparing for that. We’ve got some real tough matches at the beginning of the year.”Henning was chosen to be one of three captains this season along with returners Dallas Herbst and Kyle Ruschell. Both were NCAA qualifiers last season. As a sophomore, Ruschell was surprised when he learned he would be one of the team’s captains.“I did not expect to be a captain, especially this year,” Ruschell said. “Especially having so many guys a year above me, most of them have been in the starting lineup already. They’ve got that experience over me. But this team has so many leaders.”The captains are named, the lineup is set, and the Badgers are ready to go. After spending the last two months with their team, these grapplers are anxious for their first meet.“We’ve been beating up each other,” Ruschell said. “It’s about time we get out and see how we’ve improved and what we need to work on.”“We’re excited. It’s been awhile since we’ve actually competed,” Herbst added. “We’re ready to see where we’re at as a team this year as compared to last year. With nine guys coming back, you kind of hope to do what you did the year before and hopefully better.”
Chelsea and Liverpool both want Vitesse Arnhem’s Ivorian striker Wilfried Bony, according to The Sun.The player’ agent claims Liverpool have made an approach and there is a 50% chance that Bony – dubbed the new Didier Drogba – will be on the move in January.Meanwhile, Manchester City are keeping a close eye on Raheem Sterling’s contract negotiations at Liverpool, according to the Daily Mail.It is claimed the Harlesden teenager’s advisers, who say he has not actually been made a concrete offer, are becoming increasingly irritated with Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers and feel he is trying to railroad Sterling into signing a new deal.City are said to be monitoring the situation and apparently could consider launching a bid in January if his future is not resolved by then.The Daily Mirror have a similar story, saying the Sterling camp were amazed when Rodgers declared that the player should sign a new contract in what could be seen as an attempt to bully him into agreeing terms.And The Sun quote a source as saying: “How can Raheem hurry and sign when there isn’t anything to sign?”This page is regularly updated.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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Nnamdi Ofoborh pens new terms with Bournemouthby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNnamdi Ofoborh has signed new terms with Bournemouth.The 19-year-old penned a deal which will keep him at Vitality Stadium until at least 2021.Nigeria U20 international Ofoborh trained with the first-team over the past year and captained the under-21s side this season.”We really like Nnamdi,” said Howe. “He has such a great outlook on life. He is a hard worker and always has a smile on his face.”He stays behind and is probably one of the last players off the training pitch every day. He has a chance to make a good career for himself.”He is still very young but he has been around the first-team players for a long time now.”As long as he can stay close to them, keep learning and be competitive in training, his career is only going to go upwards.”
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say AC Milan striker Higuain dedicates goal to Gattusoby Carlos Volcano2018-12-30 10:20:22.000000Send to a friendShare the loveAC Milan striker Gonzalo Higuain dedicated his goal in victory over SPAL to coach Rino Gattuso.It was a first goal from the Argentine in two months.“It was an important goal and three fundamental points after all we’ve wasted before, but now we can have a rest with our families,” the striker told DAZN.“It’s natural the fans expect more from me. I came to Milan because I was convinced by the project here and I want to continue like this.“Gattuso has always supported me and above all been honest. This goal is for him.”
Joshua McMillon, a redshirt freshman linebacker, will not be leaving Alabama despite a report that he will transfer, he says.McMillon, who is originally from Memphis, Tennessee, took to Twitter to shoot down a story that appeared on Touchdown Alabama on Saturday, saying that he will leave the Crimson Tide. The linebacker says that he is “a member of the Crimson Tide for life.”McMillon protected his Twitter account shortly after sending the tweet.From the original story, written by Stephen M. Smith:Alabama will lose a sixth player from its 2015 recruiting class to a transfer, as redshirt freshman Joshua McMillon takes his leave from the program. A source confirmed to Touchdown Alabama Magazine with the news, on the heels of him missing the last two days of fall practice.According to those who saw his other tweets before he locked his Twitter account, McMillon missed the pair of Crimson Tide practices to attend a funeral for his uncle.The report about Joshua McMillon transferring is inaccurate. He was out of town following a death in the family— Matt Zenitz (@mzenitz) August 28, 2016Smith has since apologized for the error.My dearest apologies to UA linebacker Joshua McMillon and his family. He’s not transferring. It was a mistake on my end. Won’t happen again.— Stephen M. Smith (@Smsmith_TDALMag) August 28, 2016McMillon redshirted last season, after starring at Whitehaven High School. He was a four-star recruit, per 247Sports, which ranked him No. 16 among all outside linebackers in the 2015 class, and No. 9 in the state of Tennessee that year.We will update if there are any changes in this story, but it certainly sounds like McMillon is not going anywhere.